**We’ve moved to www.ubermanilatips.com**
Refer to this UPDATED step by step guide on how to be an Uber Partner:
There might be some of you who are wondering how to become an Uber Driver/Partner.
First, we recommend that you go to one of their Info Sessions to know the details firsthand. We’ve posted about their Info Sessions and it’s schedule here.
Everything that’s stated here are from their Info Session late of 2014. If there are details here that needs to be updated, please let us know on the comments section.
As far as we know, here’s how you become an Uber Partner.
Step 1: Create Partner Profile
Go to https://partners.uber.com/drive/ and choose the city you want to drive in (i.e. “Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines”).
Select your Vehicle Type: UberX or UberBlack. Check this post describing the difference.
You’ll be taken to this page. Fill in the required fields. During registration, you can use our Uber Partner Invite Code: qpkmy.
Step 2: Register your Banking Details
In your dashboard, click on the “Banking” menu and you will be taken to another page (https://vault.uber.com)
- Make sure the name you register is the exact name of the bank account you’re trying to enroll
- the Uber partner (account holder) and the name on the registered bank account does NOT need to be the same
- For Bank SWIFT/BIN Code, refer to this link.
Step 3: Enroll a Driver
You’ll need the following details about your driver/s: Driver Name, Cellphone Number, Email Address, Username and Password (you’ll create these) . You can add several drivers including yourself, if you know the limit on the number of vehicles you can enroll, please share with us in the comments.
- Professional Driver’s License + OR
- NBI Clearance
Step 4: Enroll a Vehicle
In the dashboard, you need to add a vehicle and indicate these details about your vehicle: model, make, year, color of interior and exterior. Then, upload the required documents as follows:
- Proof of Vehicle Registration: LTO Registration/ ORCR/ Sales Invoice
- Proof of Insurance: Comprehensive or TPL
- Four (4) Pictures of your vehicle: Front External View (License/CS visible), Rear External View (License/CS visible), Inside View Dashboard Console and Inside View Backseat
- Make sure the documents are valid and not expired, expiration date is correct and documents are clearly seen
- Model of the vehicle has to be 3 years old or newer upon application (ex. If you’re applying 2016, the car has to be 2013 or newer)
- You must bring this vehicle in for review by Uber before driving. You can add multiple vehicles, if you know the limit on the number of vehicles you can enroll, let us know in the comments below.
- The name on the Proof of Registration and Proof of Insurance has to be the SAME
- The name of the Uber Partner (account holder) and the name on the Proof of Registration and Insurance does NOT need to be the same
- Uber will deduct a Passenger Accident Insurance on your first pay out. This is Php 165 per passenger per year. This depends on the passenger capacity of your vehicle. Sample computation 5 seats (4 passenger + 1 driver) x Php 165 = Php 825 per year.
Step 5: Driver On-Boarding/ Orientation
Once you’ve completed the requirements, you can go to Uber’s office at 11/F SM Aura Tower, BGC for the Driver Orientation. The schedule is every day from Monday to Friday at 10am which usually takes 1-1.5 hours.
After this, Uber will do a background check and results will be released via e-mail after 7 business days.
Once background check is cleared, the mobile device will be issued to you–no CASH OR DEPOSIT needed from you!
Viola! You can go online and drive immediately.
- You need to bring the vehicle for physical inspection
- You can go for Driver On-Boarding as soon as you’ve uploaded all the requirements above. No need to wait for the document status to be “Active”.
- Releasing of the mobile device can take up to 7 days and NO CASH DEPOSIT will be collected. We’ve heard some Uber partners are asking some money/cashout from other people wanting to get a vehicle signed up.
Please let us know if there are details that need to be updated in this post, everyone will greatly appreciate your contribution!
If you still have questions, you can contact us or comment on this post. We’ll try our best to give you the most accurate information.
If you’ve found this article helpful, we hope you could use our Invite Code QPKMY when you sign up for a partner account.
Welcome Uber Partner!